Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Relearning Tangles



I signed up for Eni Oken's online classes today because I was feeling a little stale and needed inspiration. It was a good decision on my part. Eni, as most tanglers know, is so creative and approaches Zentangle® in a really original and refreshing way. Her knowledge of shading is amazing.
The video I watched featured the tangle, Showgirl, created by Vicki Bassett. I've drawn this tangle a few times before, but Eni's precise instructions on how to draw this tangle were illuminating. I loved the shading. I have several Showgirls started and only finished the one in the photos.
I have been staring at a top set that my friend, Terry brought us from her recent trip to Okinawa. There is a wooden disk and also a blank white paper disk. Terry and Bliss started theirs at our last Zentangle meet in June, but mine has sat on my work table waiting for me. I used this to practice one of the Showgirls. I didn't include all of the tangles used in the video, but it is limited in space. I think it worked out nicely. It also spins really well. I think this would be a wonderful idea for a kid's tangle class. I will gradually finish my long sheet of practice Showgirls, maybe with even more color and tangles. Until then, Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment