Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Opus WIP's

I'm trying to pull together some ZIA®'s for the upcoming Mt. Olive Pickle Fest on April 23. A friend offered me a table, so I'm hustling to finish some WIP's. I have four Opus® tiles in the state of being finished and am excited about the idea that they might actually be done at some point. The Opus tiles are just like the regular Zentangle® tiles, just a lot larger - 10 1/2" x 10 1/2". They're a bit of a challenge to fill, so either you need to put a lot more in them or learn to tangle larger.

My first Opus started was influenced by the Facebook group, Zentangle: Stacked and Tangled. I'm exploring different tangles that work as stacked tangles or border tangles. Most are traditional Zentangle tangles, but I had to include one of my favorites, Dragonaire by Norma J Burnell of Fairy Tangles.


The next is one that is partly done with the Cricut Explore. It drew the lettering and the flower border around the letters. I'm playing with gemstones on this now. I just purchased Eni Oken's e-book on Gemstones and can't wait to work through this. These are so much fun. I used Prisma colored pencils in two shades of yellow and an orangy red.

I still haven't finished another ZIA Opus which I also drew on the Cricut using the cartridge, Art Nouveau. I need to add more color and complete the overall tangles on this one.


My last is another study in progress. I started this Opus for my last Zentangle class which featured more organic/botanical tangles. This has been the most fun. Thanks again to Tina Akua for giving me permission to teach her fun tangle, Ohana. I found Paushalov by Amy Broady of tanglefish.blogspot.com and Suckers by Lizzie Mayne after the class, but have loved learning these and adding them to the tile.

The only issue I have with the Opus is that they don't fit onto my computer's scanner. I'd love to be able to save these onto my computer. This would be a fun way to make a coloring book. Maybe an 8" x 8" or an 8" x 10" would be good. I can always cut the Opus, but having them come in this size would be great.


I have the house to myself today, so plan on a lot of tangling. If you're in eastern NC  next month, plan on stopping by the Mt. Olive Pickle Festival. Yes, they're the ones that make the pickles in your grocery stores. I'm looking forward to having a chance to talk to visitors about Zentangle and hopefully boost my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment